The following are some books I recommend to developers new to Agile software development.
- This book is new, pretty complete, and easy-to-read about adopting agile software development: The Agile Samurai
- This book covers the same ground as the Agile Samurai book. It's a little more in-depth. Most of it is now free on-line, but you can buy the book from Amazon:
- This book is about test-driven development in C: Test Driven Development for Embedded C
- This is the original TDD book in Java: Test-Driven Development
- The original book on Refactoring.
- If you have legacy code, you also need to this book: Working Effectively With Legacy Code.
Industrial logic has eLearning and in-person workshops on TDD, Refactoring, Design Patterns, and other topics. This web-based eLearning contains videos, exercises, and quizzes that are, for most people, more effective than reading a book. I would recommend both.